Propper International is currently recruiting for a Buyer for their Purchasing team. This position is located at the Corporate Headquarters office in the Missouri Research Park in St. Charles, MO.
This position is responsible for purchasing all materials, imported/non-imported, raw or finished goods required to assure on-time delivery for the organization’s production. The primary objective is to identify and obtain products and services that are timely, meet quality requirements at best competitive pricing.
- Evaluate new purchasing requirements and prepare purchase orders following company process and ensuring all required paperwork and backup are complete and available for review.
- Interaction and follow-up with vendors to ensure on time delivery and receipt of goods.
- Communicate to all departments involved any updates or pending issues; examples: delays in delivery, price increases, failures, etc..
- Track and maintain proper levels of inventory. Determine and establish delivery dates that ensure a timely delivery yet do not come so early as to waste valuable space or tie up financial resources.
- Interact with the Company’s outside vendors as well as the Company’s Purchasing Manager, Contract Managers, Production Planners and plant warehouse personnel in the resolution of issues related to material procurement.
- Contact vendors when defective or incorrect material is received. Work with vendor & warehouse to complete disposition of claim.
- Prepare/review weekly reports for accuracy and to identify any pending issues.
- Assist other departments in the procurement process of new materials.
- Provide support in the resolution of issues between Accounting and vendors.
- Coordinate new material or material replacements and effective dates.
- Perform annual vendor evaluations based on quality and on timeliness.
- Establish and implement improvement processes.
- Take corrective actions internally and externally to reduce errors or claims.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor degree and/or 3-5 years purchasing experience.
- Work with ERP computer software, particularly in the area MRP and purchasing.
- Have strong analytical skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Positive interpersonal skills are required for vendor relationships and peer interactions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
We offer a full range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, annual bonus, and 401(k) plan.