Creative Commercial Product Designer
Propper International is looking for a Creative Commercial Product Designer. The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Actively lead in conceptual development and design of assigned products through sourcing process.
- Conduct ongoing market research into target market demands, industry trends in materials, designs, and technologies and how they relate to our business needs.
- Develop, demonstrate and maintain a strong knowedge of target market demands, customers, brand objectives and design esthetic.
- Work with merchandising on concept requirements such as pricing, sizing, competitive.
- Communicate with Sourcing, Material Developer, Purchasing Department to direct raw material sourcing efforts.
- Work collaboratively with tech design to develop complete and accurate technical specifications for sourcing.
- Attend weekly meetings with Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, and Marketing.
- Manage weekly workload in accordance to time and action calendar requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or other appropriate field.
- Minimum 2-3 years apparel design/development experience.
- Knowledge of Public Safety, Lifestyle and Outdoor Markets.
- Technical knowledge in raw materials, fabrications, garment construction techniques, colors, and design process.
- Understanding of the Sourcing and Costing process.
- Proficient in garment sketching and illustration, in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, experience in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Accumark and WebPDM desired .
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to present to all levels of management.
- Ability to excel in a team environment is essential.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills required.
Propper offers a full range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, and annual bonus potential.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via e-mail to HR@propper.com.