Customer Service Manager
Propper International is currently recruiting for a Manager of Customer Service. This position is located at the Corporate Headquarters office in the Missouri Research Park in St. Charles, MO.
This position is responsible foreffectively managing day to day operations of the Customer Service Department, working with operations and sales to deliver exemplary customer service to all accounts.
- Accomplish customer service human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying customer service trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; visiting customers on-site; conducting surveys; benchmarking best practices.
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Manage, hire and train Customer Support Reps.
- Oversee customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Monitor programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of systems and processes.
- Set performance standards to meet service goals of company.
- Provide feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns.
- Respond to customer inquiries and problem solving in a professional and effective fashion.
- Act as a resource in resolving customer issues brought to the Department by utilizing excellent process knowledge.
- Coach Customer Service Team in order to achieve high performance.
- Measure Customer Service Reps’ performance and make employment decisions.
- Oversee scheduling and time off requests.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent and minimum of 10 years supervisory experience managing a customer service department/inside sales department.
- Strong ERP computer software knowledge/experience, with specific emphasis/experience in order entry, cash application, credit and collections, and accounts payable applications.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP system; Preferred system: Lawson’s Movex/M3
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Highly motivated, detail oriented individual with great organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multitask and be proactive; actively seeking ways to improve processes and foresee issues before they occur.
- Forward thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strives to achieve best results through best practices on a daily basis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
We offer a full range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, annual bonus, and 401(k) plan.