Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Propper has established a unilateral policy regarding the minimum advertised price (MAP) of selected products in the United States effective August 1, 2007. This policy was reviewed and updated April 2016.
Dealers/retailers advertising PROPPER products must comply with the PROPPER Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) policy. PROPPER reserves the right to modify the content of this policy, including, but not limited to, the right to modify the ramifications for violating this policy.
1. On the first violation, PROPPER will contact the retailer and supply them with this MAP Policy and warn of future consequences.
2. On the second violation, PROPPER will cease supplying all products for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of the violation.
3. On the third violation, PROPPER will revoke the dealer/retailer’s right to purchase and resell PROPPER products.
This policy applies to all forms of dealer advertising including mailings, catalogs, displays at consumer exhibitions and shows, and any and all other forms of advertising media, including, without limitation, the Internet and any other electronic network. Any price information relating to PROPPER products on an Internet website which can be accessed directly through any hypertext link or by any other method which uses the hypertext transfer protocol (http) is considered to be advertising for purposes of this policy. Electronic mail sent in direct response to a customer inquiry is not considered to be advertising.
• This policy does not extend to a dealer/retailer's actual resale price, which the dealer/retailer sets in its sole discretion.
• PROPPER will unilaterally enforce this policy.
• PROPPER will not communicate with any dealer/retailer about any other dealer/retailer's advertising practices.
• A Senior officer of PROPPER INTERNATIONAL SALES is the only individual authorized to communicate MAP policy updates, changes or decisions. No other PROPPER representative is authorized to confirm compliance with this policy or amend it.
• Each dealer/retailer's organization is solely responsible for its compliance with this policy. This policy applies to U.S. dealers/retailers only.
ADVERTISING MEDIA TO WHICH MAP APPLIES
MAP policy applies to all forms of advertising including, but not limited to:
• Print ads (inserts, magazines, catalogs, newspapers, etc.)
• Broadcast (radio and TV)
• Direct mailers, including email
• Internet (banner ads, broadcast emails, destination pages, third-party sites sponsored, placed or funded by the distributor)
MAP policy does not apply to the following:
• In-store displays, in-store banners, in-store price markings
• Quotes, contracts
• Internet site "checkout" pages where the customer makes their final purchase selection