Propper International is currently recruiting for a Production Planner. This position is located at the Corporate Headquarters office in the Missouri Research Park in St. Charles, MO.
This position is responsible for building production plans that allow our manufacturing facilities or subcontractors to succeed in fulfilling customer orders in a timely manner.
- Manage all production planning activities for the assigned manufacturing plants supporting commercial sales and contractual agreements.
- Create plan proposals for manufacturing and sub-contractors to proactively seek ways of meeting customer deadlines.
- Maintain all relevant information regarding plans. (Priorities, Sequence, Capacity requested, Changes Made, Fabric Flow schedule, Dimensional Stability issues, etc.)
- Partner with Scheduler to ensure plans are implemented in a timely manner, resolving any issues as needed.
- Partner with Manufacturing on buildup/reduction plans generated through implementation.
- Addresses urgent issues or any customer demand changes with Contracting.
- Work with Sales/Contracting on abnormal orders entering the supply chain; ensure priorities and customer expectations are met while maintaining material requirements and capacity levels.
- Plan each production line through the Planning Time Fence to ensure material demand is tempered by capacity for our Purchasing department.
- Partner with Product Manager(s) when new products are designed and ready to start in manufacturing.
- Work with Purchasing to request expedites on orders as any demand is shifted inside the PTF.
- Collaborate with Contracting, Purchasing and Manufacturing as issues arise.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or relevant business discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Supply Chain.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP system; Preferred system: Lawson’s Movex/M3
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Highly motivated, detail oriented individual with great organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to multitask and be proactive; actively seeking ways to improve processes and foresee issues before they occur.
- Forward thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Strives to achieve best results through best practices on a daily basis.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing process.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours when issues arise.
- APICs certification strongly preferred.
- Fluent in Spanish strongly preferred.
We offer a full range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, annual bonus, and 401(k) plan.