Propper International is currently recruiting for a Proposal Writer. This position is located at the Corporate Headquarters office in the Missouri Research Park in St. Charles, MO. However, this position requires 30-40% travel to our manufacturing facility in Puerto Rico and the ideal candidate would be open to relocation to Puerto Rico. Must also be fluent in Spanish.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for coordinating administrative functions in support of assigned proposals. This individual will work with all business units to support the development, writing, and editing of proposals. This individual is also responsible for developing written proposal text and graphics that support the capture strategy, comply with requirements in the Government Request for Proposals (RFP’s), and adhere to processes and procedures established in the Win Theme. Must have the ability to work independently and function effectively as a member of a team.
- Monitors bid boards for, and tracks potential opportunities.
- Reviews solicitations and Requests for Proposal/Quote and develops summary for senior managers.
- Coordinates proposal efforts with all business units.
- Develops proposal outline schedule, compliance matrix and other materials needed for proposal kickoff.
- Develops and submits questions in response to RFP’s.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; enters and monitors tracking data; coordinates requirements with contributors; contributes proposal status information to all related parties; transmits completed proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinates submissions and collections; identifies and communicates risks associated with proposals.
- Manages formatting and layout of proposal documents to include integrating text and graphics in Word and converting/integrating inputs from multiple contributors and software applications.
- Conducts and participates in proposal development/review meetings with internal resources and partners.
- Writes clear, concise and compelling narratives and edits proposal sections.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; follows proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintains proposal support databases.
- Requests and attends customer debriefings.
- Tracks proposal status and maintains proposal tracking tools.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintains personal networks.
- Identifies and implements productivity improvements; develops template material; catalogs and formats relevant material from previous submissions for re-use.
- Tracks and documents best practices and lessons learned for integration into corporate proposal efforts.
Education and Experience:
- Bi-lingual; fluent in Spanish.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous proposal efforts.
- Advanced proficiency with, and ability to manipulate, MS Office production tools and products.
- Ability to design and develop proposal graphics.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Government contracting – RFP response, proposal preparation and evaluation, and compliance auditing.
- Ability to effectively coordinate the efforts of multiple internal and external resources.
- Willingness to work extended hours when necessary.
- Ability to work successfully within tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
We offer a full range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) plan.