Product Sourcing and Compliance Manager
For more than 40 years, making tactical gear with a purpose has been our way of life. Gear that works right, right when it’s supposed to, with nothing you don’t need – but more than you ever thought you would. All defined by precision, durability, comfort and style. We don’t just make the best gear out there. We make it right – right to the core!
Propper International is currently recruiting for a Product Sourcing & Compliance Manager for our Merchandising team. This position is located at the Corporate Headquarters office in the Missouri Research Park in St. Charles, MO.
Management of Propper’s commercial and FR divisions’ product sourcing efforts with contracted 3rd party manufacturers. Coordination of all pre-production, production, and payment activities with contracted 3rd party manufacturers. Development and maintenance of commercial product compliance and testing standards.
- Direction and project management of commercial contract sourcing activities with all internal parties including merchandising, product development, demand planning, purchasing, QC, and warehousing.
- Extensive communication with 3rd party manufacturers overseas and domestic regarding new product opportunities and existing production of garments, accessories, and footwear.
- Ability to travel to trade shows, training opportunities, standards committee meetings, testing facilities, overseas factory and mill locations
- Establishment as resident expert in testing standards (NFPA, ANSI, AATCC, ASTM, etc)
- Establishment as resident expert in relevant regulatory requirements (CPSC, FTC, etc)
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Identify and qualify potential manufacturing partners
- Direct Merchandising and Product Development to established manufacturing partners based on identified core competencies
- Prepare seasonal and ad hoc costing packages – coordinate handoff of information including Tech Packs, patterns, fabric specs, testing specs, preliminary order details, target costing
- Evaluate quotes and provide direction to merchandising on new product placement
- Work with identifying vendors ideal for COTS programs. Bring product opportunities from vendors to merchandising as factories present them.
- Placement, coordination, and oversight of purchase orders – seasonal new product launches and monthly existing product buys
- Establish and maintain a vendor scorecard method of evaluating the vendor base.
- Communicate with demand planning and customer service changes to product delivery schedules. Work with demand planning on expediting product as needed to meet customer demand
- Review all quality audit results and communicate any areas of concern or failure to the company for fastest possible evaluation and resolution.
- Develop and maintain Propper’s Vendor Manual
- Establish Commercial Division Fabric Testing Protocol and Standards
- Establish Commercial Division Testing Protocol for end items, establish compliance to product performance claims, including but not limited to management of UL testing process for FR division including relevant NFPA and ANSI testing
- Maintain the corporate relationship with testing laboratories and relevant standards committees.
- As required, benchmark performance via testing of competitive products
- Prepare and recommend annual testing and compliance budgets
- Review commercial defective product data and identify trends, problems, areas of improvement, etc.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Experience working with an ERP computer software system
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills and good organization skills
- Ability to travel as needed, occasionally requires international travel