FR Product Manager
For more than 40 years, making tactical gear with a purpose has been our way of life. Gear that works right, right when it’s supposed to, with nothing you don’t need – but more than you ever thought you would. All defined by precision, durability, comfort and style. We don’t just make the best gear out there. We make it right – right to the core!
Propper International is currently seeking an FR (Fire Retardant) Product Manager. The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product through the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with R&D to deliver winning products.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must have a strong knowledge of end user product usage, end user market segment size, and contacts within the FR segment. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customers’ problems and find innovative solutions to the broader market.
You will develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You will serve as the internal and external subject matter expert (SME) for FR products. You will work with sales, marketing, and support functions to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Subject matter expert for products aimed at the Energy, Oil & Gas, FR, and Wildland firefighting market segments.
- Knowledge of associated certification requirements – including but not limited to: 70e, ARC, ANSI, NFPA2112, NFPA1977, and NFPA1975
- In-depth knowledge of market segments including: brands, distribution network, product requirements, product positioning, industry pricing strategies and benchmarks, and Sales Rep agencies specializing in the safety market
- Familiarity with the primary materials and domestic and/or international suppliers utilized in safety apparel market segment
- Familiarity and experience with ASTM, AATCC, NFPA, and/or safety committees
- Familiarity with UL certification program and procedure
- Experience acting as a Liaison between Sales and Merchandising/Product Development to assist in defining and prioritizing product needs, identifying desired features and benefits, providing insight on technical requirements and certifications required, rolling out new product training, and providing in-field technical support.
- Collaborates with sales and marketing to aggressively pursue new and existing business opportunities to gain market share
- Develops annual sales plan in collaboration with sales and marketing, provides annual forecast, and adjusts plan according to monthly results and forward-looking opportunities.
- Identifies market opportunities in collaboration with sales and marketing and provides empirical evidence to support decisions on whether or not to pursue.
- Effectively communicates with and supports related departments in their new product design, sourcing and introduction efforts.
- Compiles, organizes and maintains comprehensive information regarding competitors’ product offerings, retail pricing and wholesale costing. Assures the effective communication of and access to this information for relevant departments.
- Collaborates with marketing on product knowledge and education to ensure the highest level of product knowledge throughout the organization.
- Works with the Sourcing manager to build relationships with key direct import suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Contributes to the forecast/planning/scheduling plans to enable the ongoing capability to respond to demand anomalies.
- Research, develop, select, and place new products based on market conditions and sales feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (MBA preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of FR apparel is required.
- 3 + years of experience in product line management with financial responsibility.
- Strong team player who gets things done both as an individual contributor and as a team player across multiple departments.
- The right candidate should have demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and communicate effectively with all functional areas.
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience.
Propper International offers a full range of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k). Our health benefits package is rich in coverage levels with low employee costs.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter (including salary expectations) and resume to HR@propper.com.