Propper International is looking for a Materials Developer. The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Work with suppliers on development of new materials, trims and techniques.
- Conduct fabric and trim research by shopping stores, attending fabric/trim fairs, meeting with mills and other suppliers.
- Establish and maintain a trim and material library for the PD Department.
- Develop and manage material and trim testing methods, requirements, etc. to ensure all quality objectives are met by vendors.
- Give technical support to ensure high quality and maintain brand standards.
- Manage material price targets and negotiate with vendors.
- Propose new trim and material directions based on trend.
- Partner with design team to identify needs by season and create fulfillment plans that hit time and action calendar requirements.
- Coordinate with Sourcing to maintain geographic mill requirements.
- Communicate with mills on fabric quality issues, testing protocols.
- Participate in weekly meetings to interact with design and sourcing regarding new product development progress.
- BS/BA degree in Textiles or Equivalent. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in material/fabric development required.
- Possess strong technical background experience in fiber applications, weaving/knitting methods, dyeing, and finishing techniques.
- Knowledge of global mill and trim supply resources, including the specialization of specific countries and mills.
- Excellent business skills including price negotiation, relationship building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- High level of self-motivation and creative problem solving skills.
Propper offers a full range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, and annual bonus potential.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via e-mail to HR@propper.com.